Monday, April 28, 2008

Pumping Iron: Grid Update and Rules Clarification

The Entry Grid has been updated with all models submitted so far. We're up to 30 models at the moment - and there's some really creative work in there!

I have received a few questions wanting clarification on the rules. My fault, as I wasn't very clear in my restrictions. Let me try and rephrase things:

As long as your creation looks like it's armor designed to be worn by a mini-figure (or whatever scale) you're good to go.

You don't have to build around an actual mini-figure unless you want to.

Or, to phrase it yet another way: If you were to pretend your final model was completely hollow, a person of the same scale should be able to fit inside. Like a suit of armor.

If in doubt, email me with a description of what you're looking at building and I'll give you a thumbs up or down.

In the meantime, I've posted a clarification to the rules page as well.

Remember, you have until 2:22am Eastern Time on May 3rd to get those entries in!

7 comments:

Zacknut said...

I dont see why there can't be customs
The blacklight active minis took 2nd in the Tron contest

Christopher Doyle said...

Zack:

Cutstoms are allowed. The rule just says no Megabloks.

KICK MY BUTT said...

My entries can be found here:

http://man-eating-pickles.blogspot.com/2008/04/pumping-iron-lego-comp.html

Christopher Doyle said...

Kick my butt:

I need you to email me at bat_hero@hotmail.com per the rules. Thanks!

Zacknut said...

then where did the movie armor cutom go?

Christopher Doyle said...

Zack:
It was removed by request.
*cough*lookAtPreviousBlogEntries*cough*

Zacknut said...

my bad... Im tired i got OATS this week