Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Handtruck Challenge: Entry Grid Updated

We've received a few entries to kick off the Handtruck Building Challenge '09...reason enough to set up the Entry Grid.

So far it's a tie for "most handtrucks used" at a staggering "one." I know you guys can do better than that - heck, I managed three in my One-Ringer hanger bay set.

On the "Most Creative" and "Most Nifty" fronts there's a bit more of a challenge brewing...for example, check out this great Deckchair by David Pickett!


So what are you waiting for? Time to put your handtrucks to good use! Go build something!




7 comments:

Cat said...

I was avoiding entering because I didn't think we could show the cart being used for its original purpose. Still, I only have one handcart, so it would probably be boring.

Christopher Doyle said...

Cat:

Using the handcart as a handcart is within the rules...but it's certainly not going to win any prizes. (Not unless you can find a *really* creative way to use it as intended, anyway. I'm willing to be surprised.)

I'm sure you could find some offbeat way to incorporate your one handcart into a build - there's only one prize that hinges on quantity - my real focus is on *quality*....

Anonymous said...

oh crap, I thought it ended on 2-13. I gotta learn to read or something.

somesome said...

just a question.

what would happen if you didnt have enough entrys by the end of a contest?

Christopher Doyle said...

@somesome

"enough" in what sense?
If you look back in the contest archives we've had competitions with only a handfull of entries before. Low turnout just means a better chance for those who do play to take home a prize.

Wrathkid said...

I don't have any handcarts

Joel Hook said...

I don't usually enter contests as im not that creative but I may enter this one with my solitary handcart lol, ill try and find a way of doing it.