Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Jango Fett Pen - with Chromed elements



I was at Toys R Us last night picking up my latest Bricktober promotional brick when I spotted something unusual mixed in with the Star Wars figures.

Most of you are familiar with my facination with chromed LEGO products - imagine my surprise when I spotted a $5 LEGO pen set incorporating a Jango Fett minifigure...with a chrome helmet/backpack!

jango pen

Although identical in scale, this is NOT a typical LEGO mini-figure. In fact, if I hadn't bought it at Toys R Us, and removed it from LEGO branded packaging, I would have sworn it was a bootleg. Super cheap plastic, one-peice legs, poor interlocking on the parts, and a general feel of "crap". But...hey! Chrome helmet!

Yes, you can swap out the chrome for the existing Jango Fett helmet if you don't mind a giant hole in the top.

Click through to my Flickr Stream for many more photos, including several comparison shots with the classic Jango Fett mini.

5 comments:

Sam said...

Why is there an Orc symbol on the chrome brick? Also: I had a basketball lego pen. Itsall the same cheap material. Even when you take the arms off, its completely different from a normal fig

Anonymous said...

I've got a darth Vader pen like that.
Alough you can't move the legs the head has a useful stud on the top, good for attaching things like hats to it, meaning I have to use less blu-tack. He'll be appearing very soon in my legoville comic.

Anonymous said...

Sam, that's not an orc symbol. It's an animal skull, which is a symbol of mandalorians. Which is what Jango fett is. Anyways, here's the link to the article, if you're interested:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mandalorian

WV:Puppromi Sounds like pepperoni...

Danny said...

thats exactly how i felt when I got my Artoo - Deetoo pen

Anonymous said...

I was thinkin about gettin one of those because that helmet would look good on my custom jango so maybe i can shave the stud off and use that.