Friday, March 26, 2010

Site migration still underway

Still working on moving the comic archive into the ComicPress system. The first 250+ episodes are in there, as well as current strips backdating to late December of 2009. I'm hoping to have the rest uploaded and configured over the next two weeks. In the meantime the old archive page is still up.

Comicpress is a pretty neat Wordpress mod - it really does make managing the comic a lot easier. Instead of hand editing six HTML/XML files every day, I can just upload the comic in advance, set up any additional info that I need, and the system takes care of the rest. It's let me actually start to build up a bit of a head-start buffer for the first time in years.

Yeah, I should have automated this years ago. But when your day job is working with computers, it's tough to go home and seriously contemplate even more web design work. Y'know?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Chris--is there a link someplace to the new archives? I had to backtrack from the most recent strip to find where I left off. :/ Otherwise, the blog looks great!